Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline

Friday, January 6, 2012

Filming Location Spotted

I love spotting location shoots as I'm out in the city. I like to take note of what show was filming and whatever distinguishing landmarks I can use to remember the site for future reference when the specific episode is viewed. Sometimes it can take a long time to match up the two and sometimes not.

Today was a day like that. I was out running errands and I happened upon a few orange cones and an A-frame sign that made my inner TV geek jump up and down.


"LG2 Set", those few letters made me so happy. I had things to do so I gawked a little and moved along.

After my task nearby was complete, I needed to run along to another appointment and that made me sad. I wouldn't be able to camp outside the location and chat up the crew to find out if anyone knew my upstairs neighbor (the best guy ever since he got me some autographed stuff for Christmas). I couldn't hand around and see if any of the principle actors came through that door and let me talk to them or get pictures. I had to go and it made me pout inside.

I did however take the long way to the bus stop. The way that took me 2 stops in the other direction along the edge of the park where all the trailer trucks were parked. I got to see the names of the characters that were most likely on location that day. I snapped a shot of Dyson's door since he makes me smile:

I also tweeted about the non-event, since I didn't actually meet anyone.

What I can tell you based on what I saw today is this:
- In what remains of the second season there will be an episode in a night club
- This story will feature our favorite head of the dark fae: The Morrigan (Emmanuelle Vaugier)
- Also in the mix will be the mind controlling dark fae we love to hate Vex (Paul Amos)

This is, of course, just based on the names on trailer doors. I have no inside knowledge of the show or it's cast and as much as I wish I did, I'm just going to have to wait and see if I'm correct.

The next new episode will be airing on Showcase on Jan 22nd and is called "Midnight Lamp". I'm looking forward to telling you all what I think of the episode once it hits the air and will wait with baited breath for a scene in a nightclub involving the dark fae.

No comments:

Post a Comment