Toronto Skyline

Toronto Skyline

Friday, January 27, 2012

Lost Girl Winter Premier

I didn't get to watch it when it was on. I watched it on PVR but it was very good.

This episode had some amazing set locations. There was fabulous stained glass that my husband thinks is from the Elgin theater. It looked so familiar to me but I couldn't place it so I called him. He also confirmed for me that the Ash's compound interior shots are filmed on the University of Toronto campus in the Knox college building.

In this episode hottie Dyson looks into the truth he spoke in the fall finale. "I can't love Kiara." not "I don't", but "I can't". This bothers him because if there is anyone other than Bo that he should be able to love, it would be the one he held a flame for so long ago. He goes back to the Norn to find out why.

I suspected from the moment she took her payment in the season 1 finale saying something about always remembering what it felt like but never being able to feel it again, that this would be a bigger problem. I feared that Dyson, very hot without his shirt on Dyson, had given up not only his ability to love Bo, but to love anyone ever again.

I was right!!!!!!!

The Norn said in this episode that since the wolves mated for life, by giving away his love for Bo, it prevented him from every being able to love again. *sigh* so tragic, so romantic, so.... sucks for Kiara.

I really hope that there will be a story sometime in the future to help Dyson regain his ability to love and that he and Bo will be together again. Or Dyson will become real and not a fictional character, pledge his undying love for me and agree to live in my spare room so I can look at him anytime I want to. *drool*

Moving on, Bo had her own discovery trip this episode. She worked with a mystery man who gave her a bracelet at her birthday party. His name is Ryan, he's very attractive (who isn't when they're cast as Fae), and he's an inventor. The Ash sends Bo on a mission that involves picking up an object from Inventor/Fixer/Builder? Ryan and using it to trap a genie (the fabulous Lauren Holly in a guest roll - she also guested in an episode of my beloved Flashpoint). Ryan chooses to come along on the adventure and gets in Bo's way, is presumed dead at one point but then isn't because of one of his inventions.

In the end, the Ash gets his genie (who is completely under Bo's control) and Bo gets to have emotionally baggage free sex with inventor-boy. Turns out its really good sex too. Final revelation: Inventor Ryan is Dark Fae - oooops.

Maybe this will be the start of a new view of the Dark Fae. To this point the Dark have all been evil in some way. I'll admit, the Light Fae haven't always been the good guys. There are some mean Light Fae out there. But maybe we'll get to see that a Dark Fae can be a good guy for once.

I'll let you know what happens next week. I will again be unable to watch when it airs. Sucks too because @Faenonymous who gives me all kinds of fun facts on twitter about Lost Girl, is having a screening party at Shoeless Joe's. I have to work until midnight (Boo-urns!).

No comments:

Post a Comment